BFFs.



Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gut Rot

Ugh. I'm going to blame my current state of blah-ness on the vegan carnival fare I enjoyed last night at a music festival, but I have a feeling that it has more to do with beer and some shot called the "Lindsay Lohan" (a Red-Headed Slut with a little Coke...I can't make this stuff up).

Regardless, yesterday evening we were surrounded by our community at the Northside Fourth of July festival, and we were fortunate enough to have several of our own very close friends with us. My friend Madeline kept saying, "I'm just gushing with joy right now." I'm not very good at acknowledging those moments in which I don't think my heart could swell any larger, but she said it so authentically it was hard not to agree. So despite beer farts and dry mouth, I feel like I'm a pretty blessed person today.

1 comment:

  1. There's a fine line between gushing with joy and gushing with beer farts, and sometimes it's hard to know which is which. If there's no dog around that you can blame, claim joy even if it's farts.

    ReplyDelete