BFFs.



Monday, July 23, 2012

30 weeks

pants are a rarity these days
We had a baby shower this weekend. The weather was perfect; the food was good; and the people were entertained. Of course, it's hard not to be when there's free booze and cornhole and a petting zoo. It was hosted at this really cool farm called Gorman Heritage Farm. It was beautiful, and we were reminded of how fortunate we are to have so many amazing people in our community, and people who know us well enough to gift us used books and repurposed blankets. I feel so lucky that our daughter will know so many principled and supportive men and women. Female role models are extremely important for young girls, but it's equally as important to have male role models who treat women well. It's liberating for me to know that I was able to wait to have a baby until our marriage was seasoned and stable, and we had surrounded ourselves with people who show us how to exist presently and love unconditionally. It was a great way to acknowledge this next phase in our lives, and the people who were there with us (in person and in spirit) helped remind us of how blessed we are.

On to less serious matters. My darling husband was gazing dreamily at my belly the other night, and told me that my belly button has started to look like a cat's butthole. While I resent that remark, he might be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment