BFFs.



Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Week to Go

My best friend just started dating this guy who's like, really spiritual and a massage therapist and a yogi and raw foodist and pacifist and all this other stuff that's superior to my own existence on this planet, and they crashed my party tonight. So when he saw me writing on the Magna Doodle and properly absorbed my vow of silence, his response was not, "oh that must be really tough," or "is Mitch enjoying the World Cup?" No, he said, "wow, that must be a really spiritual experience for you." Yes friend, that's it.

I realized, though, that people pay big money for this. Women's retreats and silent yoga spa mud retreats and meditation classes. I'm just paying the surgeon and the anesthesiologist instead of the Zen Master. And while I feel a little cynical about the whole experience, the neuroses has calmed a bit, and contentment has set in. I have to be selective about what I choose to write on the 'Doodle, and I don't get to talk to my dogs about whatever, and I have a mandated inner monologue (whereas before it was pretty much all outer monologue). So, as the new beau put it, "it'll change your brain chemistry and stuff." Let's hope it's for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment