BFFs.



Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Tentative Commitments

I'm not making resolutions this year, just tentative commitments. As cult leader Sri Chinmoy says, blah blah blah, something, lower your expectations. So here they are:

1. Pay a full tithing. Always.

I slack at this sometimes. I look at it as a spiritual practice, putting trust in God that I'll be able to pay my bills. But I think it's also a practice in simplicity, since I won't be able to buy as much crap while giving away 10% of my income.

2. Go to yoga at least twice a week.

Just because I don't want to be a fat ass anymore.

3. Be in bed by 10:30 every week night.

Unless I have a gig. Or unless there's something good on TV. Or unless a friend is in town, and I need to go have drinks with him or her. Or unless I have band practice. Or unless I'm reading a really good book...

4. Cook dinner at home at least twice a week.

I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but seriously, I only cook for two people, and my husband eats like a tiny waify bird, so if I make one box of macaroni and cheese it lasts us like, four days. Still, somehow, I find this difficult enough that I had to add it to the list of commitments.

5. Only buy lunch in the cafeteria once a week.

I'm optimistic that leftovers from #4 will help me achieve this one.

6. Stop being such a bitch.

I feel feelings. Lots of them. I also have a hard time mediating the relationship between these feelings and my mouth. Soooooo...here's to shutting the hell up.

No comments:

Post a Comment